Happy Fall North Bay Burners!
I hope your decompression is going well and you’re having some default fun. I’m working on a meet and greet coming up here, will let you know when we figure out the where’s and whens. Meanwhile there are some flamingly good decompression options coming up, get out there and expand accordingly!
We have our annual Heat the Street Faire in San Francisco, a Marin County burner has organized a social for the Marin Burners, Sacramento is preparing to Spark the Dark and there is a call for artistic donations to the auction for Artumnal. Check it out and get in where you fit in. See you out there : D
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
Burning Man presents for the benefit of the Burning Man Project
The 17th Annual San Francisco DECOMPRESSION HEAT THE STREET FaIRE!
Sunday, October 9th, 12:00pm – 12:00am
– $15 before 3:00pm, $20 after 3:00pm
– ALL AGES & under 12 is FREE!
Public Entrance: 19th St & Minnesota St
Getting there: Only a few blocks from the T-Line on 3rd St. and near major bus lines (#22 & #48) and we’ll have plenty of Bike Parking @ 19th/Minnesota! If you’re using Uber/Lyft/Taxi – please have them drop you off at 19th & Tennessee!
Art Installations & Mutant Vehicles Include: Audition, CDC, Chicken Coop, Collaborative Live Painting, D’oro Da Sacramenti Regionale, Da Vinci’s Unicycle, Dancetronauts, The Dawnstar Bus, Desert Fish Collectiva, Dirty Little Rainbow Funtime Machine, Dragon Smelter – Coin Making, Dreams of Flight, Fire-Breathing Giraffes (Jenna Steely), The Game Train, Tilt-a-Burn (Lee Chubb), Galerie d’Art Cher por les Porcs Riches, The Hypnosphere, inside the mirror, JACK, Kissy Fish & the Mellow, Leonardo’s Selfie Booth, Liberty Torch Ignites, Luminescent Grand, Mountaineers, Mudcloth on Acid, The Muse of Davinci, Mushroom mushroom, NautilusX, One Thousand Thousand, Past Ticket Banners, Past Temples of Burning Man, Prism, The Prodigal Swan (Dustin Hoffman), Pyra (Jason Starr), A RAT’s Nest, RFRKTRZ- DNA MURAL, Scultura di Collective, Shadow Dream Theatre, Signs of Our Time, Snap Yourself, So So Cupid, Solar Rebar Tricycle, Suspended in the Void, Teaching Pavilion Prototype, Transporter, Venom Art Boat, WDYDWYD?, WhyTheHugs? by WhyTheNose?, Zomes, & more!
Participating Theme Camps & Groups Include: Black Rock Beacon, Black Rock Roller Disco, Black Rock Scouts, BMIR – Burning Man Information Radio, Camp Beaverton, Camp Orange Banana Boat, camp party jitsu, Dare to be Rare Meat Communion BBQ, DRAGNET INTERROGATION, DPW, Gate Perimeter & Exodus (GPE), Hardly Saloon, Jerk Church, Love Camp, Love Dose, Magic Lantern Society, Naked Espresso, Next Year, Octopus Garden Tentacles, Opulent Temple, Pink Heart Camp, Playa Info/ Lost & Found, PlayaTerps, Rhythmwave, Shantitown Pizza Delivery, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge, Sunday Watermelon, Temple Guardians, Unicorner, Volunteer Resource Team, ZEROdB Silent Disco, & more to come!
Performers Include: Anthony Motto, Anthony Zmoda, Aries Fire Collective, The Big Bang Surfers, Big Luscious’ Uncoordianted Burnouts, Blondie, BrianPeek, The Burning Band, Celsius Maximus, Cindy Sparks, Curly, DJ MEZA-me, DJ Shaggy, DJ Unagi, DolceVita, Dresden, Dyson, Edmundo, Et Al, Fire brush, FireFlies, Fuego y Mas, HNGVR, Hoopty, Jacob Turner, JupiterJay, Liam Ocean, LouD, Mary’s Bunnies, Ministry of Flow, Monkey Chant & Body of Sound, Moose & Lotus, Mothers Fathers Sisters Brothers, Mr.BounceMan, NickPhoenix, noaccordion (DJ Set), Organic Pyrotechnic, OSO (DJ Set), PhilthyPhil, The Phone Sex Operators, Poi Dance – Astral Projections, Robb Stormblood, Samba Stilt Circus, Sandra Orellana, Snail Trail, SolRiso, Surreal Fire, SydGris, Trashkan Marchink Band, TravNasty, Whee the People, & more TBA!
– For last minute pARTicipation: email flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)org
– To volunteer for a shift or team role: email SEvolunteers(at)burningman(dot)org
AND…To learn about other Decoms and Regional Events around the world, see: http://regionals.burningman.org/ This is a year-round community with events being planned across the globe every day of the week!
So, as you prepare for the Playa, take a moment to plan how your art will make it to SF Decom and one or more regional gatherings. Help keep the creative fires burning all year-long!
)'( )'( )'(
The 2016 DECOMmandments & Survival Guide
October 9, 2016 Starting at Noon. Park closes at 10 pm – Sound ends by 10 pm everywhere – except Mariposa dance area (until 10:55pm)
Located just off the T-Line on 3rd St. and near major bus lines. Please use them: Muni bus #22, #48 and BART connects with the 3rd St T-line
Public Entrance: 19th St & Minnesota St.
Bike Racks: Corner 19th & Minnesota Taxi Stand: 18th & Minnesota
Uber/Lyft: 19th &Tennessee
Here’s how you can make this our best Decompression ever:
– Arrive Early! Come at NOON to enjoy a full day of amazing art, theme camps, people and performances!
– Respect Our Neighbors. No loud noises, don’t block driveways, use OUR toilets and enter and leave the area VERY quietly. Don’t drive on Minnesota St at all. Do not camp overnight!
– Green Your Commute! Take mass transit or bike! There will be bike racks at 19th & Minnesota. Or carpool, or park at the ballpark, or on Terry Francois Blvd. Please do NOT drive or park at all on Minnesota Street, Indiana Street, or 19th/20th between Indiana and Tennessee. There will be a taxi stand at 18th and Minnesota for your convenience. And mass transit is VERY convenient. Arrange any Lyft/Uber pickups for Tennessee Street and please have them stay off Minnesota due to traffic jams.
– Bring your own reusable water bottle! We will have free water at “water bars” in an effort to reduce wasteful plastic bottles!
– Express Yourself and pARTicipate! Wear your finest playa pageantry and costumery. Bring warm layers for evening. To register art/performance/theme camp, email flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com so we can accommodate and celebrate YOUR special contribution to this amazing community. ALL sound systems, fire art, theme camps, vehicles and stage acts MUST be registered and confirmed in advance.
– Perform Random Acts of Art, Kindness and Gifting.
– NO Boom Boxes, Renegade Sound, Unapproved Food/Beverage Service or vending. No unauthorized: Fire Performance, Fire Art, Fire Hats, Candles or Burning Clumps of Sage: These will jeopardize the event. Leave unregistered sound and fire art home.
– If you see anyone with fire outside the fire art barricades or fire stage, ask them to PUT IT OUT!
– Pack out all trash you bring and LEAVE NO TRACE! Please help us pick up trash and deposit it in appropriate sorting pails.
– Breakdown is 10PM for the park and 11:30-2AM on the street. By 2AM, EVERYTHING MUST BE GONE and small debris must be swept into the street for the street sweeper. If you are exhibiting at Decom, bring a broom to sweep the sidewalks clean, pack out what you brought, and pick up large debris in the street. Also please remove unwanted fliers from cars.
– Volunteer! This is a volunteer-driven event. To volunteer for a shift: http://tinyurl.com/zagzzed. Or stop in at Volunteer Sign-Up at Volunteer Check-In on corner of 20th St and the Park or at Playa Info. At a minimum, EVERYONE is part of our Leave No Trace team, so please pick up any trash, fliers and feathery bits all event.
– Express Responsibly! Protect the event and our beautiful park: No stakes, fire of any kind, BBQs, unleashed dogs, amplified sound, vehicles & bikes in the park. It is unwise to leave your personal bags or other items unattended in the park.
– Don’t cut through bushes, and risk damage to sprinkler heads
– No drumming, live instruments, loud sound, megaphones or amplified sound after 10PM ANYWHERE. The only exception will be the Mariposa dance area, which goes til 10:55PM with a chill set. If anyone is drumming or making amplified noise after 10pm, please ask them to stop so we honor our permit times. Thanks!
– After sound ends, talk quietly and enjoy the art and community.
– If you are a registered art car or theme camp, please take extra care to not drive over electric cables or distro boxes during setup/breakdown. Take special care during exodus. Have someone safely guide you out of your spot and get home safe.
– Leave Quietly and help one another to your cars and next destinations. This is an urban environment, so watch your stuff; and it’s best to travel in numbers at night. If you are alone, ask a Ranger for help.
– PLEASE do not drive if you have had anything to drink. Have a designated driver or catch a taxi at 18th & Minnesota.
– Come Back 11am-4pm Monday Morning! Leaving the neighborhood cleaner than we found it is a gift we are serious about giving. If you’re up early, get a head start and pick up any trash, feathers, cigarette butts and trash. A group of us will meet at 19th and Indiana and start on Minnesota St., move to the park, Indiana, then surrounding streets. Many hands make light work and every year we leave the neighborhood CLEANER than it was. Bring gloves if you got ’em. We’ll bring supplies, free donuts, coffee and thank you gifts! Thanks! This really means a lot to those of us that have to stay up all night and need your support to make it fun and fast. : )
If you can help with a park planting in January, e-mail flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)org and we’ll send you a secret garden party announcement!
Note: This is a smoke free event per San Francisco Health Code, Article 19L
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
Call for ART!!!
Spark the Dark, Sacramento Region Official Burning Man Decompression, 2016
October 29th 10am – 30th 12pm
15285 County Road 99 E, Woodland, CA 95695
Hello all you dusty burners out there! Sacramento Valley Spark, a Sacramento region non-profit, would like to invite artists of all persuasions to bring their work to our decompression ‘Spark the Dark’ on October 29, 2016
It will be held in a beautiful old oak grove near Woodland CA, with plenty of room to showcase your arts. All the usual good stuff will be in attendance, camps, music, all-ages/family friendly, performances, effigy burn, and camping available.
To Bring Your ART: http://goo.gl/forms/ZnhUSaN0j9anQM142*
Art Lead: Feral Hollowell: feralhollowell (at) yahoo (dot) com
We’d LOVE to see your talent, art, art car! Electricity will be available, Art cars remain parked.
Event info can be found at the links below and will be updated regularly:
Tickets go on sale September 18th, 2016 at Noon: http://sparkthedark.brownpapertickets.com/
Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you and your creations at Spark the Dark.
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
Marin Burner Social
Meet and mingle with past and future citizens of Black Rock City! Bring stories and ideas to share, or just have a beverage and decompress. This is a family friendly venue.
Saturday, November 12 at 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
100 YACHT CLUB DR
SAN RAFAEL, CA 94901
If people like this, we’ll do this again.
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
SAVE THE DATE: Artumnal Gathering 2016 November 19th, 2016 at The Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Burning Man’s annual fall gala, The Artumnal Gathering, is just around the corner on November 19 at the Regency Center in San Francisco, an exciting new venue for us! As you may know, aside from being a fabulous evening, this event provides a significant part of the budget for Burning Man’s grants to artists and civic engagement programming. It also serves as a grand celebration of our community’s artists and vital creative spirit!
A key fundraising mechanism at the Artumnal Gathering is the auction — and we would be thrilled to have Artists and Collectives from your Region participate. Contributing to the auction is a great way to share new and old work with a community of cultural collaborators who value art and human connection; in addition to supporting Burning Man! In-kind donations to Burning Man are tax-deductible and we invite you to join us for the evening’s main event concert.
Burning Man’s Global Impact programs generate long-term sustainable change resulting in thriving artistic endeavors, increased civic involvement, emerging social enterprise, educational enrichment, and stronger community identity.
This is a global arts movement and the Artumnal Auction Committee is reaching out to you as Regional Contacts to connect us with Artists and Collectives from your immediate communities and regions for donations.
Examples of donations for the Artumnal Gathering Auction and Raffle include:
◦originals, prints, framed, mounted, drawings, paintings, sculptures, all of it!
◦interactive theatre, workshops, permaculture intensive, maker space , costume experiences, room decor, throwing a theme party, performances, tours, dance classes
◦tickets to events or shows are okay too…
•Tattoo Arts related
•Artifacts – art that has a direct connection to playa, or your Region, is very yes!
•Photos / Video / Virtual Reality experiences / Media related
•Food stuff – Artisan teas, cookies, dining experiences…
•Jewelry / Adornments / Accessories
•Sound Arts related
All donated auction items go through a review process before being added to either the live or online auction, or being included in our raffle.
Of course! Your in-kind donations to Burning Man are tax-deductible.
Donate and support Artumnal, it’s simple! Follow this link and complete the Artumnal 2016 Donation Form
Remember to send images of your donation (when applicable) to Walker.Fisher (at) burningman (dot)org Subject line Re: Burning Man Project – Artumnal Auction
To tell you a little more about Burning Man’s programming, the Global Art Grant program funds the creation of new works of art by emerging artists around the world. Each year the Global Art Grant Committee reviews hundreds of submissions and awards projects that invite community participation at all stages of the artworks’ creation, engenders stewardship of and personal relationships with works of art, and aligns with the Burning Man mission and ethos.
Burning Man’s Civic Arts program focuses on creating close collaborations between city officials, artists, and community members to install public art that functions within its context: art that is created by the community, for the community. The Civic Arts program aims to activate public space with immersive artwork in a non-commodified, participatory format that stimulates civic pride among community members.
2016 Artumnal link to donation form (for Auction / Raffle items)
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
::: Reminder ::: Have stuff you want included? Please answer this questionnaire: http://goo.gl/forms/Vrasv0Srvh. It will be considered for the next monthly announce newsletter which comes out around the first of the month. The North Bay Burners Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/northbayburners and our discussion list at https://groups.google.com/a/burningman.org/forum/#!forum/northbay-list are largely unmoderated. Want to let folks know about a fire spinning or hooping workshop? Got an idea for a sewing party? Feel like having some burners over for a night around a firepit or as company at an Art Walk? Reach out and invite us over! ::: Reminder :::